Monday, August 23, 2010
Why Playing Claw Arcade Games is Important
This morning while drinking instant coffee and eating an egg sandwich, I wondered what I would write about. Nothing has really happened this past week besides the grim reaper camping out at the hospital. So I decided to put of writing and take out the rubbish bin and burn trash. I donned my gear so I wouldn’t get eaten by mosquitoes and traipsed outside to the garbage pit. As I was dumping out the trash near the edge of the pit, a spider on the side of the trashcan caught my eye. Unfortunately my irrational fear of spiders still exists, so I promptly dropped the trashcan…into the 20 foot deep pit. Now I guess one would just think, oh well, just go buy another trashcan, but being so wasteful doesn’t fly here. So I guiltily went back into the house and reiterated to Sarah what happened. In searching around the house, I found a coil of think wire, an iron hook, and some duct tape. In true MacGuiver fashion, I rigged together a fishing pole of sorts. So we started fishing. Coupled with humidity, the slant into the pit, and the smoke from the burning trash, the task seemed all the more daunting. After tweaking the contraption a couple times, and rotating around the hole, Sarah managed to hook the lip of the trashcan and pull it up. What a feeling of accomplishment! Lesson learned about being near the pit. And all of this before 8 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment