So according to the blog I was still in Congo, so I thought it was about time for an update. I did make it back, albeit five hours late, a delay that was much shorter compared to other people who were delayed 25 hours when returning to the states. A few tears were still shed at the airport when they told me I wouldn't make my connector flight to Atlanta, but lucky we figured it out, and I got to run (more of a jog) into the arms of my family at the Birmingham airport. It was a lovely reunion, and PF Changs helped welcome me back. Jet lag actually took a little while to get over, but I've been back in the states a little over a month now and feel like I have sufficiently integrated back into society and a normal sleeping pattern. I have probably only been in Hattiesburg about two of those weeks...I've had the privilege to go to the beach twice and spend a few days in Birmingham. It's been fun chilling out being home, but when I started getting antsy and bored, I started the job search...this was about two weeks ago. That was what my Birmingham trip was for. I hit up three hospitals and scored two interviews and a meeting with the nurse recruiter, so I thought that was pretty successful. Now I just get to wait around another week or so to see what they decide.
I have started my baking back up...I just can't get rid of that one love. At first I did well giving it away, but every once in a while, the sweets sneak in and get put to the side (for later snacks) of the dishes headed for the taste testers. Luckily Logan working at the church five minutes away made for an easy drop of for the plethora of baked goods I whipped up earlier in the week (pumpkin biscuits with cinnamon honey butter were the biggest hit). It was the test run for the cooking I was going to do for mom and dad's dinner party, which was quite successful, if I do say so.
Next weekend we are headed to Charleston to visit the newly engaged Jessica! Weird how we lived together for a year, then all of a sudden didn't see each other for half of a year! Crazy how time goes, but I am super pumped about visiting Charleston and this long(6 months)-lost sister! All in all, I miss Congo, but oh so glad to be back with my family and friends. I have placed it in God's hands, and just waiting for the doors to open or close. I'm curious to see what comes next, but so far, Life is GOOD.
No comments:
Post a Comment