Monday, May 10, 2010

And so it begins!

Life is a dream, realize it...I love these "life" quotes from Mother Teresa! And as it is so, I am realizing a dream of mine to go to Africa, and in this case the Republic of Congo. I depart Thursday making my way through Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (a place I wish I could stop in because I still want to go),then to Brazzaville, Republic of Congo. So even though it was a rocky start figuring out when I was going, if the funds could be raised quick enough, or how I was going to appropriately pack...I am SO excited that I am on my way! Anticipating what to pack has been interesting, and (of course) I thought about what kind of food items I would be able to sneak in, and have solemnly come to the conclusion that I will not bring any forms of chocolate. To counteract that there is a bowl of double fudge chocolate brownie mix next to me. I need to stock up before I go right?...right.
So I'm new to the blog thing, and will try my best to keep it updated and put up the fun pictures and stuff. Check back with me later! A Bientot!

2 comments:

  1. Woooo Hooo! 1st follower! See you Wednesday.
    Laissez les bon temps rouler----
    That's french isn't it?
    Love you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot WAIT to read of all of your adventures. I'm going to miss you so SO much! ilu!

    ReplyDelete