Thursday, May 13, 2010

Be careful what you wish for...

As a last hoorah in Birmingham, I crashed Courtney's spa party with Lauren and had such a lovely evening and some delish spa food. I do love to be pampered so why not have one last indulgence before exiting the country? Thanks Court!

Lauren and I have our "fresh" faces while Courtney was the model hostess

So within five minutes of arriving in DC, I get a phone call from the GOM telling me that my flights have been changed. As a result I will be staying a night in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia! Getting my wish perhaps...I wonder if they have half day safaris...?
Since it's taking me five days to actually get to Impfondo (where the hospital is), I figure I might as well make the most of tonight in DC i.e. room service, highdef tv, and lounging in the plush, white king-size bed. I'll let you know how that hotel in Ethiopia goes...

1 comment:

  1. SO FUN! I hope they have half day safaris! How awesome would that be?!

    I bet you'll be sleeping on bamboo sticks in Ethi. ...or maybe that's Asia. Either way, I bet it will be ten times better than the DC king. :)

    ReplyDelete