Friday, May 21, 2010

L'hopital!

And since I actually have a chance to write I'll tell you about the hospital. It's a fairly large compound with a wall the whole way around and a gaurd house at the front gate. The bike ride is about three miles, which makes for one hot start to the day. There is an OR, surgery rooms, medical rooms, close observation, triage, pharmacy, and a radiology room (which only has an ultrasound machine right now because they can't get the xray machine battery to charge). Each house has about 7 beds and are separated into women, men, and one for children. It's not a bad set up. They average about 3 surgeries a day, and they actually quite a range of surgeries. I was also impressed that they have a working EKG machine, which we used today to diagnose one of the patients with angina...thought that was pretty advanced of the hospital.

As for the question that I was asked the most before I left (Where are you going to live?), just a tad more about that. There are about 4 or 5 houses on the mission property, and I am staying in one with Sarah, Joan (the PA), and the Ralston family. It's quaint, but obviously my favorite part is that the river is right across the street. C'est tout pour maintenant.

2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    Dad and I just read your last post! I thought I signed up to get email notifications when you made a new post---apparently I did something wrong.
    Sounds like you are on an adventure. Have fun and soak it all in.

    Love u---Lauren


    Candace, I didn,t know we could write you on your blog. I LOVE YOU be safe,be happy, and be blessed. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is beauty, admire it. Life is bliss, taste it. Life is a dream, realize it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a duty, complete it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a promise, fulfill it. Life is sorrow, overcome it. Life is a song, sing it. Life is a struggle, accept it. Life is a tragedy, confront it. Life is an adventure, dare it. Life is luck, make it. Life is too precious, do not destroy it. Life is life, fight for it." -

    Just for you :)

    ReplyDelete